Friday, June 26, 2009

Teengers tell the real story of abortion


h/t to Witness to Love for alerting my attention to this incredible website for teenagers considering abortion. Abortion promoters and providers such as FPA, BPAS and Marie Stopes International, bombard teenage girls with the message that abortion is a straightforward, morally neutral decision that will have no consequences other than leaving them feeling relieved and ready to get on with their lives. Teen Breaks allows teenagers who have been through abortion to tell the real story, which they do with harrowing honesty. To give you a few examples:

"It has been almost a year since the abortion, and it hits me every day. I regret it so much. Before you make a decision, think about whether it is worth the pain of only 9 month or the pain of a lifetime."

"They never told me about the depression, anger, anxiety, fears, and self-hatred that I would experience after the abortion. They didn't tell me I would lose sleep and my appetite for weeks or continue to be uneasy around babies, children, pregnant women and people in general because I thought I was such a terrible person. They never told me I'd hate myself, that I'd have suicidal thoughts. But the saddest thing for anyone affected by abortion - the saddest thing is that it's irreversible."

"The worst mistake of my life. I have always loved children, and to go to that sterile place just to come out barren…it feels awful. I cry every time I see someone close to where I would have been. It was my mistake, and I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. My baby, my angel I used to dream about…its gone now."


What is so painful about reading these accounts is that you are made constantly aware of the human consequences of the abortion industry's lies. It is so easy as a pro-life campaigner to see pro-abortion misinformation almost in academic terms, but these lies are costing thousands and thousands of innocent lives and damaging so many others. These young women are having their lives devastated before they have even left school. This is child abuse pure and simple. I applaud websites like this for reaching out to teenagers with the facts that might spare them the horror of abortion. They have a right to the truth. We should not just call ourselves the Pro-Life Movement. We are the Pro-Truth Movement.