Monday, November 9, 2009
Saragossa conference declares abortion to be 'Mega Genocide'
The World Congress of pro-life movements which met in saragossa in Spain last week has issued a declaration proclaiming that the estimated 800,000,000 deaths resulting from abortion consists not just of genocide but of mega genocide. The full text of the declaration is set out in below. This is a preliminary translation by the conference organisers and needs some attention which I feel sure will be attended to in due course
Declaration of Saragossa
The representatives of national and international organizations, advocates of life, the family and the dignity of the human person, coming from different parts of the world, assembled in Saragossa from November 6 until November 8, 2009, in the IV Prolife World Congress, in continuity with those held in Madrid (2003), Lima (2005) and Mexico (2007), we address to:
All governments, legislators, judges, doctors and midwifes; political and religious leaders; intellectuals, educators and social communicators; Organizations of the Civil Society; parents and families; and to all persons of good will, as caretakers of the promotion of the Human rights.
1. It is verified by science that human life begins with the fertilization of the oocyte. In this first human cell (zygote), one finds not only the whole genetic program of the development of the new human being, but also the aptitude to develop and progress by itself, like it is shown experimentally in extracorporeal fertilization.
2. It is said that the worst thing that might happen to a mother is the death of her child. It is worst to accept the voluntarily killing of her baby. Even if some may deny this at the moment the abortion is performed, to decide the death one’s own baby provokes a feeling of fault that it is impossible to erase.
3. Six million "legal" deaths in the Nazi concentration camps, constitute the international crime of genocide. It has been seen as the most flagrant violation of human rights recorded in history.
4. Nevertheless, the more than eight hundred million deaths, provoked, up to the moment, by means of "legal" abortions, in the countries of the world that have authorized it, constitute a crime against humanity that, for its number and extension, we propose is named from now as mega-genocide.
5. In addition to being "legalized" in many States, the mega-genocide is encouraged - sometimes in a direct way and sometimes using euphemisms-, by the United Nations Organization (UNO) and its agencies; the multilateral organisms of credit; certain international organisms, as the International Federation of Family Planning (IPPF), IPAS, the Rockefeller, Ford, Bill and Melinda Gates, Soros and other Foundations, the current president of the United States of America and the bureaucracy of the European Union; between other groups of global power.
6. On the other hand, diverse contraceptives capable of killing human beings in his first days of life – for example, preventing them from nesting in the maternal womb-, like intrauterine devices, the after morning pill, contraceptive pills of systemic use, injectable or subdermal implants, operate "invisibly" and increase the number of victims of the mega-genocide. Also, in the latter years, abortion is promoted, by the use of the drug misoprostol, especially in the countries where abortion is illegal, all this with the connivance of the health authorities. Finally, diverse practices of artificial fertilization, where according to the most trustworthy statistics, only 4 % of the embryos are born, provoke a number of hardly determinable number of victims.
7. A society that tolerates with indifference the mega-genocide of abortion – be it surgical or chemical, looses the most elementary sign of humanity, and sooner or later it will be inclined to damage in a violent way some other human rights of its citizens.
TO ALL WE DEMAND THAT THEY SHOULD PUT UNDER AN OBLIGATION TO:
1. Always promote rational solutions, respectful of life, for human needs, such as:
• To propitiate qualified access and attention in pregnancy, childbearing, after birth and the newborn baby.
• To articulate with civil society institutions that attend to the pregnant women in situation of conflict, to help to overcome her difficulties and problems and, in this way, to ensure the pleasure of maternity.
• To promote and to finance programs that encourage chastity before marriage, and fidelity inside it.
• To execute programs to strengthen the family based in heterosexual marriage, and the education of youth in the virtues, and in the authentic meaning of femininity and masculinity.
• Pregnancy is not an illness; therefore birth control, should never be understood as a sanitary policy.
2. To enforce the respect of life, from the conception / fertilization , up to natural death. To recognize the juridical personality of any human being, from the initial moment of his existence; and always to act consequently.
3. To penalize abortion, euthanasia, eugenic practices and the manipulation of human life.
4. In the assumptions in which abortion is not punishable in some countries and while this legislation is not reformed, it can never be considered to be a “ right “ of anybody, nor to be included within the sanitary system. No doctor or personnel of health can be forced, under any circumstances, to killing a human being. In any case, the practice of an abortion – although it may not be punishable-, will always imply a break form the most elementary bases of professional ethics.
5. To remove the juridical recognition of any entity who – direct or indirectly-, promotes the mega-genocide.
WE COMMIT OURSELVES:
1. To promote all the organizations of civil society, whose purpose is:
▪ To extend the awareness and attention to the post-abortion syndrome.
▪ To create centres for helping women.
▪ To promote centres for family formation and orientation.
▪ The diffusion of the education of natural methods of recognition of human fertility.
▪ The diffusion of a humanist approach of sexuality, based on an education in virtues and for love.
▪ To promote adoption as worthy option for mothers in situation of unexpected pregnancy and for newborn children with absent parents.
2. To watch in a permanent way the grade of observance of the right to life. To denounce publicly to whom violates this fundamental right, especially if they are civil or political servants in electoral campaign.
3. To articulate activities with the “ World Action of Parliamentarians for the Life and Family ”, constituted in Santiago of Chile, gathering the Declaration of Lima of our II Prolife World Congress.
4. To promote the cancellation of the capital punishment for abortion, in the ambience of the UNO and the regional organisms. To promote an International Convention to foresee the protection of the life of every human being, from the moment of conception up to natural death.
5. To create and to promote political parties that foster human life from his beginning to the natural end.
6. To revoke democratically those civil servants, who take part in a direct or indirect way in the mega-genocide of abortion, eugenics or euthanasia; and to make them answer in court for such acts.
7. To ask compensation for the women victims of the mega-genocide of abortion, so that they obtain a just indemnity for her damages, against the State and other organizations and persons guilty of his sufferings.
The participants of this Congress, who adhere to this Declaration, come from the following Nations:
Saragossa, November 8, 2.009.