Friday, June 17, 2011

“Have you ever met one of those babies that you rescued?

 Concerned Women for America (CWA) President, Wendy Wright in a recent speaking engagement was faced with an interesting question to which there was a really beautiful answer

Wendy reports as follows
After speaking to Generation Joshua home school students, telling stories of rescuing babies from abortion, I explained why Christians need to be engaged in public policy by showing what happens when we’re not.

During the Q&A session, a young woman asked, “Have you ever met one of those babies that you rescued?” I said, “I hope to one day. Gosh, they’d be about your age now!”

I was shocked by her response. “I was rescued from abortion and adopted because of you,” she said. Her birth mother wrote her letters mentioning me. What a beautiful gift, to see the fruit of a seed that was sown years ago!
Photograph shows Lauren Dillingham (Left) and Wendy Wright